Organizations that apply for funding from The Porter Foundation must be classified as public charities and tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
Applications for the annual grant cycle are due on October 1st of each year.
Applicants must complete an online application.
In addition, applicants must submit by e-mail the following materials:
- A cover letter outlining the request for support, signed by the organization’s leadership
- The operating budget for the current fiscal year, including sources of support
- A list of directors or trustees and their affiliations
- A brief biography of the executive director
- A copy of the IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter
Application materials should be submitted by e-mail to Mitchell Wickham, the Foundation’s administrator, at [email protected].
Familiarity with programs previously funded by the Porter Foundation is assumed and proposals for similar efforts should explain how that work expands or improves upon previously-funded work.
All organizations will be notified of the Board’s decision by December 1st.
Successful applicants will receive their grant by December 31st.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact Mitchell Wickham.